M.D. (Pediatrics) from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi (2004)
Fellowship (Pediatric Nephrology) [International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA)]- 1.9.2017 to 31.8.2018
M.B.,B.S from Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur (2000)
90 publications in PubMed indexed peer reviewed journals.
Chapters in books- 10
List of selected publications in Pediatric Nephrology:
1. Raman V, Krishnamurthy S, Harichandrakumar KT. Body weight-based prednisolone versus body surface area-based prednisolone regimen for induction of remission in children with nephrotic syndrome: a randomized, open-label, equivalence clinical trial. . Pediatr Nephrol. 2016 Apr;31:595-604.
2. Singh DN, Krishnamurthy S, Kamalanathan SK, Harichandrakumar KT, Sivamurukan P. Three-monthly bolus vitamin D supplements (1000 vs 400 IU/day) for prevention of bone loss in children with difficult-to-treat nephrotic syndrome: a randomised clinical trial. Paediatr Int Child Health. 2018 Aug 9:1-10. doi: 10.1080/20469047.2018.1505589. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30092157.
3. Marimuthu V, Krishnamurthy S, Rajappa M. Non-Autoimmune Subclinical and Overt Hypothyroidism in Idiopathic Steroid-resistant Nephrotic Syndrome in Children. Indian Pediatr. 2017 Nov 15;54(11):925-929.
4. Kiruba Samuel EM, Krishnamurthy S, Bhanudeep S, Muske S. Levamisole in Frequently-relapsing and Steroid-dependent Nephrotic Syndrome. Indian Pediatr. 2017 Oct 15;54(10):831-834.
5. Muske S, Krishnamurthy S, Kamalanathan SK, Rajappa M, Harichandrakumar KT, Sivamurukan P. Effect of two prophylactic bolus vitamin D dosing regimens (1000 IU/day vs. 400 IU/day) on bone mineral content in new-onset and infrequently-relapsing nephrotic syndrome: a randomised clinical trial. Paediatr Int Child Health. 2018 Feb;38(1):23-33.
6. Rameshkumar R, Krishnamurthy S, Ganesh RN, Mahadevan S, Narayanan P, Satheesh P, Jain P. Histopathological changes in septic acute kidney injury in critically ill children: a cohort of post-mortem renal biopsies. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2017 Dec;21(6):1075-1082.
7. Rahul I, Krishnamurthy S, Satheesh S, et al. Brachial artery flow-mediated dilatation and carotid intima medial thickness in pediatric nephrotic syndrome: a cross-sectional case-control study. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2015;19:125-32.
8. Agrawal S, Krishnamurthy S, Naik BN. Assessment of quality of life in children with nephrotic syndrome at a teaching hospital in South India. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2017 May-Jun;28(3):593-598.
9. Gunasekaran K, Krishnamurthy S, Mahadevan S, Harish BN, Kumar AP. Clinical Characteristics and Outcome of Post-Infectious Glomerulonephritis in Children in Southern India: A Prospective Study. Indian J Pediatr.2015;82:896-903.
10. Ajayan P, Krishnamurthy S, Biswal N, et al. Clinical spectrum and predictive risk factors of major infections in hospitalized children with nephrotic syndrome. Indian Pediatr. 2013; 50:779-81.
11. Krishnamurthy S, Mondal N, Narayanan P, et al. Incidence and etiology of acute kidney injury in southern India. Indian J Pediatr.2013; 80:183.
12. Krishnamurthy S, Narayanan P, Prabha S, Mondal N, Mahadevan S, Biswal N, Srinivasan S. Clinical profile of acute kidney injury in a pediatric intensive care unit from Southern India: A prospective observational study. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2013; 17:207-13.
13. Krishnamurthy S, Kuralvanan G, Mahadevan S, Kumar AP. Russell’s viper envenomation-associated acute kidney injury in children in southern India: A prospective observational study. Indian Pediatr 2015; 141:473-7.
14. Gupta P, Mandal J, Krishnamurthy S, Barathi D, Pandit N. Profile of urinary tract infections in paediatric patients. Indian J Med Res 2015; 52:583-6.
15. Singal R, Krishnamurthy S, Narayanan P, Rajesh NG, Choudhary B, Jacomelli G, Micheli V. Urate nephropathy associated with impaired kinetic properties of hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl transferase in a 45-day-old infant. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2012 Feb;16(1):164-7.
16. Krishnamurthy S, Srinivasan S. Lichen planus and nephrotic syndrome--coincidence or causation? Indian Pediatr. 2012; 49:421
17. Krishnamurthy S, Kapoor S, Yadav S. Nephrotic syndrome with X-Linked Ichthyosis, Kallmann Syndrome and unilateral renal agenesis. Indian Pediatr 2007; 44:301-303.
18. Krishnamurthy S, Hari P, Hari S, Sharma A, Bagga A. Pyelonephritis presenting with severe acute renal failure. Indian J Pediatr 2008; 75:961-3.
19. Krishnamurthy S, Samanta D, Yadav S. Renal amyloidosis secondary to childhood tuberculosis-a report of two cases. J Postgrad Med 2009; 55:121-3.
20. Aggarwal V, Krishnamurthy S, Seth A, Bingham C, Ellard S, Mukherjee SB, Aneja S. The Renal Cysts and Diabetes (RCAD) syndrome in a child with a whole gene deletion of the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1β gene. Indian J Pediatr. 2010; 77:1429-31
21. Gopalakrishnan A, Kumar M, Krishnamurthy S, Sakamoto O, Srinivasan S. Fanconi-Bickel syndrome in a 3-year-old Indian boy with a novel mutation in the GLUT2 gene. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2011; 15:745-8.
22. Krishnamurthy S, Mahadevan S. Definition and etiology of acute kidney injury in children. Indian Pediatr. 2011; 48:744.
23. Krishnamurthy S, Choudhary B, Rajesh NG, Ramesh A, Srinivasan S. Kartagener syndrome associated with mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis. Paediatr Int Child Health. 2012; 32:116-8.
24. Srinivasaraghavan R, Krishnamurthy S, Chandar R, Mahadevan S, Chandrashekar L, Rajesh NG. Immunoglobulin A Nephropathy in Association with Generalized Inflammatory Peeling Skin Syndrome. Pediatr Dermatol. 2015;32:244-7.
25. Raghavan R, Krishnamurthy S, Ganesh RN, Kumar RR, Mahadevan S. Takayasu arteritis: Association with mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis in a 9-year-old child. Indian J Nephrol. 2014; 24:407-8.
26. Srinivasaraghavan R, Krishnamurthy S, Biswal N, Parameswaran S, Rajesh NG. IgA dominant postinfectious glomerulonephritis. Indian J Pediatr 2015 Aug 25. [Epub ahead of print].
27. Harikrishnan KN, Krishnamurthy S, Rajesh NG, Mahadevan S. Renal involvement in epidermolysis bullosa simplex: an unusual presentation. Indian J Pediatr. 2014 Jan;81(1):102-3.
28. Namdev S, Krishnamurthy S, Biswal N, Jagadisan B. Pericardial tamponade in nephrotic syndrome: an uncommon complication. Indian J Pediatr. 2013 Jul;80 (7):598-600.
29. Krishnamurthy S, Jagadeesh A, Chandrasekaran V, Mahadevan S, Rajesh NG. Haemolytic uraemic syndrome with peripheral gangrene and Kawasaki disease in a 15-month-old child. Paediatr Int Child Health. 2016 Jan 9:1-4. [Epub ahead of print]
30. Krishnamurthy S, Rajesh NG, Ramesh A, Zenker M. Infantile nephrotic syndrome with microcephaly and global developmental delay: the Galloway Mowat Syndrome. Indian J Pediatr. 2012 Aug;79(8):1087-90.
31. Krishnamurthy S, Chandrasekaran V, Mahadevan S, Priyamvada PS, Ganesh RN. Severe acute kidney injury due to infective endocarditis-associated immune complex glomerulonephritis in children: A report of 2 cases. Paediatr Int Child Health 2015 (accepted for publication on 10.12.2015)
32. Pradhan S, Krishnamurthy S, Jagadisan B, Rajesh NG, Kaliaperumal S, Ramasamy S, Subramanian N. Wilson disease and lupus nephritis: is it coincidence or a true association? Paediatr Int Child Health. 2018 Mar 12:1-4. doi:10.1080/20469047.2018.1443411. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29528784.
33. Talwar M, Krishnamurthy S, Parameswaran N, Delhikumar CG, Haridasan S, Srinivas BH. Severe acute kidney injury owing to rhabdomyolysis and intravascular haemolysis in an 11-year-old child with G6PD deficiency. Paediatr Int Child Health. 2018 Mar 1:1-4.
34. Krishnamurthy S, Pavani C, Kurup PM, Palanisamy S, Jagadeesh A, Sekar K, Mahadevan S, Bisceglia L. Cystinuria in a 13-month-old Girl with Absence of Mutations in the SLC3A1 and SLC7A9 Genes. Indian J Nephrol. 2018 Jan-Feb;28(1):84-85
35. Krishnamurthy S, Kartha GB, Venkateswaran VS, Prasannakumar M, Mahadevan S, Gowda M, Pelle A, Giachino D. Primary Hyperoxaluria Type 1 with Homozygosity for a Double-mutated AGXT Allele in a 2-year-old Child. Indian J Nephrol. 2017 Sep-Oct;27(5):402-405.
1. Best paper award for the paper entitled ‘Comparison of two vitamin D dosing regimens for osteoprotection in new-onset and infrequently-relapsing nephrotic syndrome: A randomized clinical trial’ at the 27th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Paediatric Nephrology in December 2016 at Cuttack, Orissa.
2. Best paper award for the paper entitled ‘Evaluation of Premature Atherosclerosis in children with nephrotic syndrome by endothelial dysfunction and Carotid intima medial thickness’ at the 25th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Paediatric Nephrology on 23.11.2013 at Bangalore.
3. Second best award for the poster entitled ‘Clinico-etiological profile and predictors of outcome in pediatric acute kidney injury at a tertiary hospital in southern India’ at the 23rd National Conference of the Indian Society of Pediatric Nephrology, Nov 29, 2011 at Trivandrum.
1. Member of the National Advisory Board of Indian Pediatrics, the official journal of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (2017-18).
2. Guest Editor of Indian Pediatrics, the official journal of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (2017-18).
3. Life Member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics
4. Member of the Indian Society of Pediatric Nephrology
5. Member of the International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA)
Pediatric Nephrology Clinic- Thursdays-11 am onwards
Pediatric OPDs-Tuesdays/Fridays- 9 am onwards