- Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, JIPMER since June 2013.
During my internship I got an inner voice that as a woman I should be able to help another woman in need. So I took up Obstetrics and Gynecology as a choice. Passionate about preventive obstetrics through public and nurses education.
Want to achieve a dreamland with no maternal and perinatal mortality.
Qualification--- MD, DNB
- Graduation : Maulana Azad Medical college New Delhi-1986 batch
- Post Graduation (1992-95)—Obtained MD in Obstetrics and Gynecology from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. Was Gold Medallist in the exit Exam. Awarded the R P Madan medal.
- Became Diplomate of the National Board of Examinations in the Year 1996.
Awarded membership of the National Academy of Medical sciences in the year 1999
Awarded the Membership of the Indian College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in the year 2007
Admitted as Fellow of the Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynecology ( FICOG) in 2016
Membership of other scientific societies
- Member International Uro Gynecological Association (IUGA)
- Associate of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology(RCOG)
- Member of the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. (FOGSI)
- Life Member of The Society of Obstetric Medicine of India (SOMI)
- Life member of The Urogynaecology Pelvic Floor Dysfunction and Incontinence Association (UPIA)
- Member, Urogynaecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery society of India (URPSSI).
- Life Member JIPMER Scientific Society.
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (Pondicherry Branch) (IMA)
More than 24 years of experience in teaching under graduates and post graduate
Have guided many DNB and MD students with their dissertation work.
Guided many undergraduate research projects with the ICMR under the STS scheme.
Undertaken three extramural research work with ICMR as principal investigator.
Delivered many public education talks via AIR and television medium.
Work Experience: Vast work experience
- Senior Registrar Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Lady Hardinge Medical College from 1995 to 1998.
- Research officer ICMR at JIPMER: 1999-2000
- Senior research associate through CSIR scheme in JIPMER: 2000-2001
- Assistant Professor JIPMER OG department: 2002 – 2004.
- Specialist grade I at Government Maternity Hospital, Puducherry : 2005 to 2007
- Faculty at SLIMS (Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences) Puducherry -2008 to 2010.
- Associate Professor Indira Gandhi Medical College and RI (Puducherry Govt. Medical College): 2010 to 2013,
- Professor JIPMER, Puducherry: from 2013
Trained in Educational Technologies. (NTTC JIPMER as well as MCI approved regional centre at Sri Ramachandra Medical College Porur, Chennai, India.)
Publications and Conference attended
Invited talks in CME and symposia
Presented at Conferences
National (27 )
Around 45 occasions
- Published Book- titled: Ruptured Uterus (International Springer publications)
- Involved with More than 35 Research Projects including PhD students, post graduate, undergraduate students and extramural faculty projects
- Given invited talks and lectures in various forums on 45 occasions.