Dr. Vaibhav Wadwekar
Professor and Head
Medical Registration number:
Madhya Pradesh Medical Council. MP-2168
9 AM to 2.00 PM Wednesday and Friday
MD DM PDF(Neuromuscular disorders)
Special Area of Interest:
Neuromuscular disorders, Epidemiology and research methodology, Epilepsy and Headache
- “Neurology exams during the COVID-19 pandemic” (Provisionally accepted in Neurology India, yet to be published)
- Nagraan K, Wadwekar V. Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Peripartum Encephalopathy: A Pictorial Review. Journal of Neuroscience in Rural Practice. (Provisionally accepted in Neurology India, yet to be published)
- Bobby Z, Yadav N., Wadwekar V.Atherogenic Risk Factors Among Young Indian Adults With Epilepsy On Treatment With Phenytoin: Need For Novel Therapeutic Strategies.(Provisionally accepted in Neurology India, yet to be published)
- Kumar DP, Wadwekar V, Nair PP, Menon V, Bhatnagar T. Study of Sexual Dysfunction in People Living with Epilepsy at a Tertiary Care Center of South India. Neurol India. 2020 Jul-Aug;68(4):861-866. doi: 10.4103/0028-3886.293437. PMID: 32859829.
- Nair PP, Wadwekar V, Chakkalakkoombil SV, Narayan SK, Marusani R, Murgai A et al. Comparison of proximal and distal corticosteroid injections for carpal tunnel syndrome. Muscle Nerve. 2020 Apr 12. doi: 10.1002/mus.26886. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wadwekar V, Nair SS, Tandon V, Kuruvilla A, Nair M.Congenital myasthenic syndrome: Ten years clinical experience from a quaternary care south-Indian hospital. J Clin Neurosci. 2020 Feb;72:238-243. 2019 Dec 27.
- Wadwekar V, Pillai RR, Sesh S, Nair SS, Nair M. Pregnancy-associated respiratory failure in muscle specific kinase congenital myasthenic syndrome. Muscle Nerve. 2019 Jan 12.
- Wadwekar V, Pillai RR, Sesh S, Nair SS, Nair M. Barriers of Drug Adherence among Patients with Epilepsy: in Tertiary Care Hospital, South India. J Caring Sci. 2018 Dec 1;7(4):177-181.
- Sahu J, Nair PP, Wadwekar V, Aghoram R. New-onset interictal headache in Persons with epilepsy (PWE): A case-control study. Epilepsy Behav. 2018 Nov;88:172-175.
- Nisha Y, Bobby Z, Wadwekar V. Biochemical derangements related to metabolic syndrome in epileptic patients on treatment with valproic acid. Seizure. 2018 Aug;60:57-60.
- Chandrasekharan SC, Menon V, Wadwekar V, Nair PP. High Frequency of DepressiveSymptoms among Adults with Epilepsy: Results from a Hospital-based Study. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2017 Aug;8(Suppl 1):S13-S19.
- Maurya VP, Rajappa M, Wadwekar V, Narayan SK, Barathi D, Madhugiri VS.Tethered Cord Syndrome-A Study of the Short-Term Effects of Surgical Detethering on Markers of Neuronal Injury and Electrophysiologic Parameters. World Neurosurg. 2016 Oct;94:239-247
- Khilari M, Chakkalakkoombil SV, Wadwekar V, Nair PP. Sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (sCJD) with asymmetric findings. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Mar 24;2014.
- Nair PP, Wadwekar V, Murgai A, Narayan SK. Refractory status epilepticus complicated by drug-induced involuntary movements. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Feb 11;2014.
- Wadwekar V, Pradeep Pankajakshan Nair a, Aditya Murgai, Sibi Thirunavukkarasu, Harichandrakumar Kottyen Thazhath Semiologic classification of psychogenic non-epileptic seizures(PNES) based o video EEG analysis: Do we neednew classification systems? Seizure. 2014 Mar;23(3):222-6
- Sibi T, Pradeep Nair, Wadwekar V. Acute bilateral haemorrhagic putaminal necrosis in Methanol poisoning. British Medical Journal Case reports. 2013 Nov 8
- Kalita J, Misra UK, Vadwekar V. Letter by Kalita et al regarding article,"Association between obesity and mortality after acute first-ever stroke: the obesity-stroke paradox". Stroke. 2011 May;42(5):e379; author reply e380
- Wadwekar V, Kalita J, Misra UK. Does the chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy due to secondary cause differ from primary? Neurol India.2011 Sep-Oct;59(5):664-8.
- Misra UK, Kalita J, Phadke RV, Wadwekar V, Boruah DK, Srivastava A, Maurya PK,Bhattacharyya A. Usefulness of various MRI sequences in the diagnosis of viral encephalitis. Acta Trop. 2010 Dec;116(3):206-11
- Behari S, Shinghal U, Jain M, Jaiswal AK, Wadwekar V, Das KB, Jha S. Clinicoradiological presentation, management options and a review of seller and suprasellar tuberculomas. J Clin Neurosci. 2009 Dec;16(12):1560-6
- Wadwekar V. Approach to Cervical Myelopathy, in the book Ward Rounds in Clinical Neurology: Long and Short Cases, ed. Ravi Yadav 2019-Jaypee brothers, 59-71
- Wadwekar V. Chronic Neurological Conditions. Disability. An overview in the context of RPWD Act, 2016.NISH. 2019. 197-220
Head of Department of Neurology, JIPMER
Wednesday (Neurodegenerative diseases and General Neurology), Neuromuscular clinic and Friday (Epilepsy clinic)