Dr. Ambika Prasad
Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Additional Professor and HOD
Select List of Former:
Medical Registration number:
No:14940/2002 Odisha Medical Council
MBBS, MD (Forensic Medicine and Toxicology), MBA(Hospital Administration), FRCP (UK)
Special Area of Interest:
Medical Ethics, Humanitarian Forensic, Legal Medicine, Clinical Forensic Medicine, Forensic Toxicology, Traffic Medicine, Forensic Psychiatry, Forensic Pathology and Hospital Administration.
- Deputy Medical Superintendent,
- Warden (Osler Hostel)
- Deputy Controller of examinations
- Editor of the Journal of Indian Society of Toxicology, the official publication of Indian Society of Toxicology (2015-2020)
- Resource faculty for Dept. of Medical Education and Emergency Medicine & Trauma
- Quality Implementation and Monitoring Officer (QIMO) for the department and representative for NABH Accreditation Process
- Judge for JIPMER research day 2019-20 poster presentations.
- Linen Committee member
- Institute representative for MBBS/MD/MS/PhD Entrance exams conducted by the JIPMER.
- Departmental representative for Kayakalp requirement process.
- Medicolegal expert to the panel made for the cases of CBI-Cochin, Kerala, and CBI-Chennai
- Medicolegal expert to Madras High court, queries through Madurai bench.
- Affiliate of Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine, UK, London, and fellow to the Royal College of Physicians.
- Member of Indian Society of Toxicology, South India medicolegal Association, and Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine.
- Referee and member of International Academy of Legal Medicine (IALM), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Office bearer for the Indian Society of Toxicology
- Executive member of South India Medicolegal Association of Puducherry
- Editorial board member/associate editor/reviewer for the Journals-
- Human and Experimental Toxicology,
- Journal of Forensic & Legal Medicine,
- Forensic Science International
- Journal of Indian society of toxicology
- Journal of Forensic Research
- Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine
- Journal of Legal Medicine