M.B.B.S. (AIIMS, New Delhi);
M.D. (Psychiatry) (NIMHANS, Bengaluru)
Key publications grouped by area of interest:
(1) Dhiman, P., Pillai, R. R., Wilson, A. B., Premkumar, N., Bharadwaj, B., Ranjan, V. P., & Rajendiran, S. (2021). Cross-sectional association between vitamin B12 status and probable postpartum depression in Indian women. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 21(1), 1-11.
(2) Nayak, D., Karuppusamy, D., Maurya, D. K., Sekhar Kar, S., Bharadwaj, B., & Keepanasseril, A. (2020). Postpartum depression and its risk factors in women with a potentially life‐threatening complication. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics.
(3) Shah, Z., Pal, P., Pal, G. K., Papa, D., & Bharadwaj, B. (2020). Assessment of the association of heart rate variability and baroreflex sensitivity with depressive symptoms and stress experienced by women in pregnancy. Journal of Affective Disorders, 277, 503-509.
(4) Vengadavaradan, A., Bharadwaj, B., Sathynarayanan, G., Durairaj, J., & Rajaa, S. (2019). Translation, validation and factor structure of the Tamil version of the postpartum bonding questionnaire (PBQ-T). Asian journal of psychiatry, 40, 62-67.
(5) Vengadavaradan, A., Bharadwaj, B., Sathyanarayanan, G., & Durairaj, J. (2019). Frequency and correlates of mother-infant bonding disorders among postpartum women in India. Asian journal of psychiatry, 44, 72-79.
(6) Bharadwaj, B. (2019). Perinatal (Mother-infant) psychiatry in India: Now is the right time to talk. Indian Journal of Social Psychiatry, 35(1), 55.
(1) Vengadavaradan, A., Kuppili, P. P., & Bharadwaj, B. (2020). Pattern and trends of substance use at a tertiary care hospital in Puducherry. Indian Journal of Social Psychiatry, 36(2), 163.
(2) Bharadwaj, B., Selvakumar, N., & Kuppili, P. P. (2018). Pharmacotherapy for relapse prevention of alcohol use disorder in the Indian setting: A systematic review. Industrial psychiatry journal, 27(2), 163.
(3) Kumar, A. M., Gomathi Ramaswamy, M. G. M., Bharadwaj, B., & Palanivel Chinnakali, G. R. (2018). Alcohol, harmful use and dependence: Assessment using the WHO Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test tool in a South Indian fishermen community. Industrial psychiatry journal, 27(2), 259.
(4) Viswam, A., Nagarajan, P., Kuppili, P. P., & Bharadwaj, B. (2018). Cognitive functions among recently detoxified patients with alcohol dependence and their association with motivational state to quit. Indian journal of psychological medicine, 40(4), 310-314.
(5) Bharadwaj, B., Navin, K., & Kuppili, P. P. (2018). Cannabis-related psychotic disorder upon relapse to cannabis use: A case series and possible neurobiological implications. Asian journal of psychiatry, 33, 42.
(6) Kumar, M., Bharadwaj, B., Kuppili, P. P., Ramaswamy, G., Majella, G. M., Chinnakali, P., & Roy, G. (2017). Association of attention-deficit hyperkinetic disorder with alcohol use disorders in fishermen. Journal of neurosciences in rural practice, 8(Suppl 1), S78.
(7) Kattimani, S., & Bharadwaj, B. (2013). Clinical management of alcohol withdrawal: A systematic review. Industrial psychiatry journal, 22(2), 100.
(8) Bharadwaj, B., Bernard, M., Kattimani, S., & Rajkumar, R. P. (2012). Determinants of success of loading dose diazepam for alcohol withdrawal: A chart review. Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, 3(3), 270.
Mood disorders and related conditions
(1) Bhuvaneswari, K., Rabindran, P., & Bharadwaj, B. (2019). Prevalence of premenstrual syndrome and its impact on quality of life among selected college students in Puducherry. The National medical journal of India, 32(1), 17.
(2) Rajan, T. M., Bharadwaj, B., Rajkumar, R. P., & Adole, P. S. (2018). Frequency and correlates of tardive dyskinesia in Indian patients with type I bipolar disorder. Asian journal of psychiatry, 32, 92-98.
(3) Karthick, S., Kattimani, S., Rajkumar, R. P., Bharadwaj, B., & Sarkar, S. (2015). Long term course of bipolar I disorder in India: Using retrospective life chart method. Journal of affective disorders, 173, 255-260.
(4) Rajkumar, R. P., & Bharadwaj, B. (2014). Dhat syndrome: evidence for a depressive spectrum subtype. Asian journal of psychiatry, 9, 57-60.
(1) Life Fellow of Indian Psychiatric Society
(2) Life Fellow of Addiction Psychiatry Society of India
(3) Member of International Society for Addiction Medicine
(4) Member of International Marce Society for Perinatal Mental Health
<p><strong>(1) Deaddiction Clinic</strong> (for patients with alcohol and drug addiction - services include counseling and medications)</p>
<p><strong>(2) Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention & Treatment (ADAPT) Clinic</strong> (to provide early counseling to youth who have started using alcohol and drugs – to stop them from becoming addicted)</p>
<p><strong>(3) Peripartum Psychiatry Clinic</strong> (for Psychological problems during pregnancy and lactation)</p>