Academic & Research
The Department provides training in Biochemistry to undergraduates for MBBS of the Institute. New methods of teaching like case-based learning modules, small group discussions, revision exercises like formulation of multiple-choice questions, open-book examinations, seminars and periodic examinations, just in time teaching were introduced for them to strengthen concepts in biochemistry. Major facets of the department are academic, research and diagnosis. Students are actively encouraged to do short-term students research projects funded by ICMR and other funding agencies which enables them to have research publications and makes them eligible for future international and national research and other academic opportunities. Students are motivated to participate in various quiz competitions at state and national level.
- Dutta AK, Goswami K, Murugaiyan S, et al. The transition from objectively structured practical examination (OSPE) to electronic OSPE in the era of COVID-19. Biochem Mol Biol Educ. [Forthcoming 2020]
- N Banupriya, Vishnu Bhat B, Vickneshwaran V, M G Sridhar. Effect of zinc supplementation on relative expression of immune response genes in neonates with sepsis: A preliminary study. Indian J Med Res. [Forthcoming 2020]
- Balachandiran M, Bobby Z, Dorairajan G, Jacob SE, Gladwin V, Vickneshwaran V, et al. Placental Accumulation of Triacylglycerols in Gestational Diabetes Mellitus and Its Association with Altered Fetal Growth are Related to the Differential Expressions of Proteins of Lipid Metabolism. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. [Forthcoming 2020]
- Abraham AJM, Bobby Z, Chaturvedula L, Vickneshwaran V, Jacob SE, Habeebullah S. Maternal Adverse Outcomes in Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy and Their Association with Serum Adiponectin and Redox Markers. Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2020 Apr 10;1–17.
- Anithasri A, Arulvijayavani S, Gopinath P, Varuni AK. Association of Lipid biomarkers with drinking patterns and severity in alcoholic liver disease - A hospital- based cross- sectional study. Indian J. Biochem. Biophys.2020;57:395-400.
- Bakshi S, Babu MS. Serum lipid profiles in patients with allergic rhinitis. Int J Health Amp Allied Sci. 2019 Oct 1;8(4):273–273.
- Manoharan B, Bobby Z, Dorairajan G, Jacob SE, Gladwin V, Vinayagam V, Packirisamy RM. Increased placental expressions of nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 and antioxidant enzymes in gestational diabetes: Protective mechanisms against the placental oxidative stress?Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019 Jul;238:78-85.
- Chitra N, Santhadevy A, Premlal KR, Pallavee P, Babu MS, Suganya R. Analysis of CRP Level in Serum of Preeclamptic Women with Periodontal Disease. IOSR-JDMS. 2019 May 18;12(5):83-9
- Abraham AJM, Bobby Z, Chaturvedula L, Vinayagam V, Syed H, Jacob SE. Utility of time of onset of hypertension, ADMA and TAS in predicting adverse neonatal outcome in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2019 May 26:1-17.
- Manoharan B, Bobby Z, Dorairajan G,Vickneshwaran V, Packirisamy RM. Adipokine levels and their association with insulin resistance and fetal outcomes among the newborns of Indian gestational diabetic mothers. Saudi Med J. 2019 Apr;40(4):353-359.
- Sreenivasulu K, Nandeesha H, Dorairajan LN, Rajappa M, Vickneshwaran V, Cherupanakkal C. Gene expression of insulin receptor, insulin-like growth factor increases and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 reduces with increase in prostate size in benign prostatic hyperplasia. Aging Male.2018 Jun;21(2):138-144.
- Bharadwaj SK, Vishnu Bhat B, Vickneshwaran V, Adhisivam B, Bobby Z, Habeebullah S. OxidativeStress, Antioxidant Status and Neurodevelopmental Outcome in Neonates Born to Pre-eclamptic Mothers.Indian J Pediatr. 2018 May;85(5):351-357.
- Muthu PR, Bobby Z, Sankar P, Vickneshwaran V, Jacob SE. Amla (Emblica officinalis) improves hepatic and renal oxidative stress and the inflammatory response in hypothyroid female wistar rats fed with a high-fat diet.J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2018 Mar 28;29(2):175-184.
- Athithan V, Ramesh R, Srikumar K. 28-Homocastasterpme: A novel dietary phytoketo oxysterol modulating testicular steroid metabolism and LxR mRNA expression in diabetic rat. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2018;10 (2):162-167.
- Vickneshwaran V, Z Bobby, AAJ Malar, S Habeebullah, L Chaturvedula, Association of Markers of Endothelial Dysfunction and Pregnancy Outcome in Preeclampsia-Eclampsia among an Indian Population. Reprod Sci. 2019;26(1 Suppl 1):186A–186A
- Vickneshwaran V, Bobby Z, Syed H, Chaturvedula L, Bharadwaj SK, Jacob SE, et al. 95. Defective angiogenic markers and poor pregnancy outcomes in patients with hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: A pilot study in an Indian Population. Pregnancy Hypertens. 2018 Oct 1;13:S20–1
Toxicological Aspects of Medical Device Implants (ISBN: 978-0-12-820728-4). June 2020 ; Elsevier’s publication; Co-Authored by Dr. Sathishbabu M