Services provided in the department
- X-rays are done during routine working hours in SSB, old block, WCH and screening OPD.
- Emergency X-rays are done in EMS block, 24 x 7. Emergency bedside X-rays are done in all the blocks 24 x 7.
- CT scans of the whole-body including CT angiograms and perfusion CT are done during routing working hours in old block, and SSB.
- Emergency CT scans are done in EMS block, 24x7.
- CT scans of Covid positive patients are being done in SSB Annex CT
- USG and color Doppler imaging are done during routine hours in the main hospital block
- Emergency USG scans are done in EMS block 24 x 7
- MRI scans including advanced imaging like spectroscopy, perfusion, diffusion tensor imaging, functional MRI, cardiac imaging and Liver fat fraction are done during routine working hours in Old block, SSB and SSB annexe.
- Special investigations such as Intravenous urography, Micturating cystourethrogram, Retrograde urethrography, barium swallow, barium meal, barium meal follow through, and barium enema, loopograms and fistulograms are done during routine working hours in SSB.
- Vascular interventional radiology procedures such as bronchial artery and uterine artery embolization and preoperative tumor embolization, AVM embolization, chemoembolization of liver tumors, coil placement, carotid stenting etc are being done utilizing the cardiac Cath lab.
- Full field digital mammography, digital mammography guided stereotactic breast biopsies, stereotactic and USG guided wire localizations and marker placements are being done on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in the old block.
- USG and CT guided nonvascular interventional procedures such as FNAC, biopsy, and percutaneous drainage procedures are routinely being done.
- Percutaneous biliary drainage, sclerotherapy for varicose veins and arteriovenous malformations are also being done regularly.
- USG Elastography is also being done regularly for liver, breast, and thyroid lesions.
- Contrast enhanced USG is being done recently for liver, renal and pancreatic lesions.
- Dedicated fetal anomaly scan is being done on a regular basis.
- Dedicated Picture archiving and communication system (PACS) enables instantaneous access and effortless viewing of all the images and approved radiology reports of MRI, CT, USG, diagnostic vascular interventions, Mammogram, and other special investigations by the clinicians in their OPD, wards and work areas.