Academic courses and training
- First diploma course (DMRD) was started in the year 1972.
- First M.D. course was started in the year 1981.
- There were three post graduate seats per year till 2013.
- At present, the department trains 7 MD postgraduate students every year – 3 in January session and 4 in July session .
- Post doctoral certificate course in Advanced imaging of one year duration was started in 2017 July with intake of one candidate per year.
- Department also conducts 3 year B. Sc. Course in Medical technology - Radio diagnosis with intake of 4 students per year since 2015.
- MD, MS, M.Ch. and DM residents of various departments undergo rotatory postings in the department of Radio-diagnosis and are trained in the imaging aspects relevant to their specialties.
- Undergraduate MBBS students and students of allied paramedical courses are also trained on the basics of Imaging.
Academic /teaching programmes
5th semester MBBS students, divided into 4 batches are posted in the department for two weeks. Regular teaching programme for them include lecture classes and practical exposure to basics of various investigation modalities such as Radiography, special Investigations, Ultrasound, CT and MRI.
Undergraduates : B. Sc. MT- Radio diagnosis:
Regular teaching programme for B. Sc. MT Radio diagnosis including lecture
Classes and practical postings to various modalities such as Radiography, special Investigations, Ultrasound, CT and MRI .
Post graduates: MD Radiodiagnosis
Junior residents are posted in various imaging modalities like Radiography, special Investigations, Mammography, Doppler ,Ultrasound, CT and MRI on monthly rotation basis along with Senior residents and in charge faculty .
Postgraduate academic programme includes
- Daily discussion of interesting cases ( 8.15 am to 9.15am) ,
- Seminars on Mondays and Wednesdays (4.15 pm to 5.15 pm) ,
- Journal article presentations on Fridays (4.15 pm to 5.15 pm)
- Clinic radiological meetings are conducted with the departments of Urology, pediatric surgery, endocrinology and medical oncology on Thursdays (4 pm to 5.30 pm).