- Peripartum Psychiatry Clinic – All Monday forenoons
- Deaddiction & Tobacco Cessation Clinic – All Monday forenoons
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment (ADAPT) Clinic - All Monday forenoons
- Mood Disorders Clinic – All Tuesday forenoons
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic – All Wednesday forenoons
- Memory Clinic - All Thursday forenoons
- Marital and Psychosexual Clinic - All Thursday forenoons
- Metabolic Surgery Clinic – All Thursday forenoons
- Pre-transplant evaluation clinic - All Thursday forenoons
- Psychosomatic Clinic - All Thursday forenoons
- Crisis Intervention Clinic - All Thursday forenoons
- Behavior Addiction Clinic - All Thursday forenoons
- Schizophrenia Clinic – All Friday forenoons
- Neuropsychiatry Clinic – All Saturday forenoons
- Electroconvulsive therapy – Tuesday and Friday forenoons
In-patient services are provided for acutely ill and disturbed patients, and those with complex problems.
There is a total bed strength of 30 beds in the general, of which 6 are specifically allotted to patients with drug and alcohol dependence, and including 2 beds for child psychiatry under the Department of Pediatrics, and an option for special ward admissions.
Admissions are made only after evaluation by a trained psychiatrist, and duration of admission varies according to the nature of the patient's problems and symptoms. The ward is an open one and one bystander is required to be with the patient at all times to ensure safety.
All out-patient services, except the Child Psychiatry clinics, are conducted in OPD Number 65, in the ground floor of the OPD Block, JIPMER.
Out-patient services run on all working days (Monday to Saturday) from 8.30 a.m onwards, and include screening, detailed evaluation, follow-up and referral services.
Follow-up clinics are segregated according to diagnosis, with separate days for patients with mood disorders, psychotic disorders, and neuropsychiatric disorders. Separate out-patient clinics for children are run in the Department of Pediatrics, and in collaboration with them.
A once-weekly Deaddiction Clinic caters to the needs of patients with alcoholism and drug addiction, and includes a Tobacco Cessation Clinic. Group therapy sessions are conducted for patients with alcohol dependence and their families. The Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment (ADAPT) Clinic provides early intervention deaddiction services to youth with alcohol and substance use problems.
Suicide is a major public health problem in Puducherry. To address this, the Department runs a weekly Crisis Intervention Clinic every Thursday, which includes diagnostic, counselling, and referral services.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry clinics are conducted thrice a week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The following link provides some parent information leaflets on common childhood disorders.
|Sl No||Day of the week||Name of special clinic|
Deaddiction & ADAPT Clinic
Mood Disorders Clinic
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic
Marital and Psychosexual Clinic
Crisis Intervention Clinic
Transplant evaluation Clinic
Metabolic Surgery Clinic
Behaviour Addiction Clinic
Last Updated :12-Oct-2022