The Department of Pathology
|Publications (Last three years)||236|
|Research Projects||Last three years|
Research Projects(completed during last 3 years between 2018-19& 2020-21)
- Clinicopathological Profile of parathyroid lesions with special reference to Ki-67 labelling index.
- Morphological and immunohistochemical profile of carcinoma of ampulla of Vater with special reference to expression of E-Cadherin.
- Prospective comparison of cytological specimen adequacy assessment by different rapid staining techniques for rapid on-site evaluation (ROSE) in Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) and their cost effectiveness.
- A prospective evaluation of the role of quantitative urine microscopy scoring system and urinary kidney injury molecule (KIM)-1 level in urinary tract infection (UTI) patients with acute kidney injury (AKI).
- Megakaryocticmorphology, morphometry, and Calreticulin immunohistochemistry in Myeloprolifearive neoplasms.
- Utility of cell population data and scatterplot patterns of automated hematology analyzers in white blood cell disorders – A comparative study with peripheral blood smears.
- A study of storage related changes and effect of refrigeration on hematological parameters and blood cell morphology in EDTA anticoagulated blood.
- Performance of H-Score in reactive lymphohemophagocytichistiocytosis (HLH).
- Seroprevalence of transfusion transmitted infections with special reference to Cytomegalovirus among blood donors in a tertiary care hospital.
- Effect of iron supplementation on hematological profile and iron indices in anemic patients with chronic kidney disease on hemodialysis.
- Comparison of the quality of Rapid cell block technique with conventional method in processing body fluid samples.
- Diagnostic utility of cytological examination in neoplastic lesions of pancreas and biliary tract.
- Inhibitor screening and quantification of inhibitor titres by Bethesda inhibitor assay in patients with coagulation disorders.
- Morphological and immunohistochemical profile of meningiomas with special emphasis on Leptin expression.
- Clinicopathological Profile of paraprotein associated kidney disease in monoclonal gammopathies: An Analytical Observational Study.
- Utility of Jones silver and Masson Trichrome stains in diagnosis of Immune complex deposits in known cases of Lupus Nephritis.
- Utility of tumor associated macrophages and PDL1 expression on tumor cells in prognostication of classical Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Algorithmic approach utilizing histology and immunohistochemistry for the current classification of diffuse glioma.
- Diagnostic utility of fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) in intraoral and maxillofacial lesions.
- Immunophenotyping of regulatory lymphocytes and its correlation with graft function in renal transplant recipients.
- The expression of cancer stem cell markers Nestin and CD133 and its association with p53 expression in diffuse gliomas.
- Clinicopathological profile and its association with PD-L1 (Programmed cell death ligand -1) expression in non- small cell lung cancer.
- Expression of programmed cell death ligand 1 and CD8+ tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in patients with invasive ductal carcinoma breast, pre and post neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Assessment of the proliferative and apoptotic markers using tissue microarray and its association with treatment outcome in patients with colonic cancer.
- Validation of a novel alcohol- free preservative solution in comparison with conventional pre-fixative technique on quality of cytological examination of serous body fluids.
- Comparison of the efficacy of 1%HCl and Dithiothreitol (DTT) with conventional cytopreparatory technique in the processing of sputum samples.
- Effect of internal audit guided intervention in the processing and reporting of complete hemogram.
- “Pattern of expression of immunohistochemical markers in erythroid lineage bone marrow trephine biopsies”
- “Assessment of microsatellite instability in colon cancer with the help of immunohistochemical markers in a tertiary care centre of south India”
- “Significance of FOXP3 positive cells, Cytotoxic T cells and Macrophages in tumor microenvironment of Nodal Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma”
- Standardization of Leishman-Giemsa cocktail stain and its comparison with conventional Leishman and Giemsa stains in peripheral blood and bone marrow aspirate smears.
- Comparison of paraffin embedded tissue immunofluorescence with fresh frozen immunofluorescence in renal pathology laboratory.
- Association of serum creatinine with automated and manual urine analysis parameters in patients treated with high dose methotrexate for acute lymphoblastic study- an exploratory study.
- Comparison of quantitative estimation of DNA extraction from formalin fixed tissue and formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue of colorectal carcinoma using spin column method.
- Bone marrow microenvironment in disease progression and therapy resistance in chronic myeloid leukemia.
- Immunohistochemical profile of pediatric brain tumors reflecting molecular alterations.
- Algorithmic approach to the diagnosis of newer primary epithelial ovarian carcinomas using apanel of newer immunohistochemical markers.
- A comparison between the conventional and Milan system of reporting salivary gland cytopathology for clinicopathologic and cytohistologic correlation.
- Structure-function relationship of hemoglobin variants and establishment of a ‘thalassemia/haemoglobinopathy registry’ in a tertiary care hospital in South India.
- Polymorphisms of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL1RN) and multi-drug resistance (MR-1) gene in pediatric idiopathic nephrotic syndrome in Southern India.
- Effect of gut microbiota on the immune modulation of mononuclear cells and their correlation with renal function and graft biopsy findings in renal transplant recipients.
- Identification of a biomarker for IgA Nephropathy through micro RNA profiling and metabolite pathway.
- Prediction of renal dysfunction by urine analysis in patients treated with high dose methotrexate for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia – an Exploratory Study.
- Factors associated with adequacy of stem cell harvest in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation – an exploratory study from JIPMER intramural fund.
- Evaluation of the recently proposed international Sydney system of classification and reporting of lymph node cytopathology in a tertiary care hospital.
- Spectrum of pathological changes involving the spleen with special emphasis on splenic lymphomas- a record based descriptive study.
- Assessment of microsatellite instability using immunohistochemical markers and its association with clinicopathological profile among patients with endometrial carcinoma in a tertiary carecentre in South India.
- Assessment of NLR and PLR and its association with overall survival in patients of different grades of glioma.
- Assessment of the changes in the ER, PR, Her-2 neu and its association with disease outcome among patients with invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) breast who have undergone modified radical mastectomy or breast conserving surgery post neo-adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Diagnostic accuracy of fine needle aspiration cytology combined with flow-cytometry in hematolymphoid lesions.
- Peripheral blood flow cytometric assessment of CD26 positive leukemic stem cells at diagnosis and follow up in chronic myeloid leukemia.
- Assessment of NLR and PLR and their association with clinico-pathological profile and disease outcome in patients with carcinoma breast.
- Factors associated with adequacy of stem cell harvest in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Polymorphism of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RN) gene and multi-drug resistance (MDR-1) gene in steroid-sensitive and steroid-resistant pediatric idiopathic nephrotic syndrome- a case control study in South Indian population.
- Immunophenotypic profile of pediatric brain tumors reflecting molecular alterations.
- Clinical utility of mutation specific IHC markers to predict remission status in AML patients.
- Clinical utility of indirect immunofluorescence and ELISA with emphasis on phospholipase A2 receptor for differentiating primary and secondary membranous glomerulonephritis.
- Utility of red blood cell parameters and indices of iron hemostasis in evaluation of microcytosis without anemia or with mild anemia.
- Comparative study on special histochemical stains by conventional and domestic microwave method.
- Comparison of quality of CK-7 and TTF1 immunostaining on unstained air-dried versus alcohol-fixed Papanicolaou’s (PAP) stained smears in lung adenocarcinoma.
- Comparative study of microwave tissue processing versus conventional tissue processing on excision specimens.
- Titration of monoclonal antibodies and stability of tandem dyes in cocktail preparation of flow cytometry processing.
- Standardization of anti Xa assay and its comparison with aPTT test for heparin monitoring.