A. Undergraduate courses:
- Sc. Neurotechnology: This 3 year course was started in 2011 with an intake of 4 students per year through an open entrance exam. We are the first in the country to start Neurotechnology as a comprehensive 3-year B.Sc. course.
- Sc. Nursing: Department takes part in the Neurology training of students through didactic lectures in Neuroscience topics.
- Sc. Speech language pathology : Department takes part in the Neurology training of students through lectures on relevant topics like aphasia, dysarthria etc.
- MBBS: Our faculty takes lecture classes in Neurology to final year MBBS students on topics such as stroke, epilepsy and Parkinsonism. We also conduct the Dr.Nanda memorial Gold Medal Examination in Neurology for MBBS students every year. We are actively involved in the GJ STRAUS UG research program with one student currently.
B. Postgraduate courses
- MSc Neurotechnology course has been approved for the academic year 2018.
- MD postgraduate students of JIPMER in Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Ophthalmology, undergo clinical rotations in Neurology. Further faculty in Neurology guide/co-guide MD thesis of postgraduates in neurologically relevant topics for MD Medicine, Psychiatry, Physiology, Pharmacology, Emergency medicine, Pediatric and Radiodiagnosis currently. We also conduct Dr. Chandrasekhar Gold Medal Examination in Neurology for MD Medicine, Pediatrics, Anesthesia and Psychiatry students every year.
C. Higher Specialty courses
- DM Neurology: This 3-year long course, with an intake of one student per semester (2/year) through nation-wide entrance examination, was started in 2008. We also train DM Clinical immunology and clinical Pharmacology and MCh Neurosurgery students on their rotations.
- PhD Neurology: This course was started in 2016. Candidates are selected through an entrance examination. We currently have one candidate in our department.
- Fellowship course in stroke and epilepsy have been approved.
D. Other courses
- Department co-guides a PhD. student in Microbiology, Pharmacology and Medical Oncology each.