Department of Neurology
- Sc. Neurotechnology: This 3 year course was started in 2011 with an intake of 4 students per year through an open entrance exam. We are the first in the country to start Neurotechnology as a comprehensive 3-year B.Sc. course.
- Sc. Nursing: Department takes part in the Neurology training of students through didactic lectures in Neuroscience topics.
- Sc. Speech language pathology : Department takes part in the Neurology training of students through lectures on relevant topics like aphasia, dysarthria etc.
- MBBS: Our faculty takes lecture classes in Neurology to final year MBBS students on topics such as stroke, epilepsy and Parkinsonism. We also conduct the Dr.Nanda memorial Gold Medal Examination in Neurology for MBBS students every year.
Postgraduate courses :
- MSc Neurotechnology course has been started with 2 students being admitted for the academic year 2018-2019.
- MD postgraduate students of JIPMER in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry undergo clinical rotations in Neurology. Further faculty in Neurology guide/co-guide MD thesis of postgraduates in neurologically relevant topics for MD dermatology, pharmacology, physiology, general medicine, radiodiagnosis currently. We also conduct Dr. Chandrasekhar Gold Medal Examination in Neurology for MD Medicine, Pediatrics, Anesthesia and Psychiatry students every year.
Higher Specialty courses :
- DM Neurology: This 3-year course, with an intake of 2 students/year through nation-wide entrance examination, was started in 2008. This year we also had a sponsored DM candidate in addition to the intake of 2 students. We also train DM Clinical immunology and clinical Pharmacology and MCh Neurosurgery students on their rotations. Our faculty are also involved as co-guides for thesis of postgraduates in DM Neuroradiology.
- PhD Neurology: This course was started in 2016. Candidates are selected through an entrance examination. We currently have 3 candidates in our department.
- Fellowship course in stroke and epilepsy have been approved.
Other courses :
- Departmental faculties are co-guides for PhD students in physiology, pharmacology.