A manual on Therapeutic hypothermia for perinatal asphyxia was released during the 37th Annual Conference of National Neonatology Forum - NEOCON 2017, Gurgaon (December 7 – 10, 2017) as an NNF Publication. This manual was edited by Prof. Vishnu Bhat and Dr. Adhisivam and included chapters contributed by renowned neonatologists in the country. Dr. Nishad P, Dr. Nivedita M and Dr. Vasanthan T had also contributed chapters for the manual. This is a National recognition for the Department of Neonatology towards the research output in the area of Therapeutic hypothermia for perinatal asphyxia.
Continuing Medical Education programmes
- Neonatal resuscitation workshops for postgraduate students and Nurses
- Essential newborn Care workshops for Nurses
Awards, honors and other achievements
Dr. B. Adhisivam
- Completed PhD in human milk banking (2018)
- V. Balagopala Raju Active Pediatrician Award (2017) - Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) – Tamilnadu State Chapter.
- Awarded National Neonatology Forum (NNF) Social Neonatology Gold Medal (2015)
Dr. Nishad Plakkal
- Received Best Junior Faculty Award of the JIPMER Scientific Society for 2017-2018 on the topic titled “Saving little people: lessons from the NICU”.
Dr Vasanthan T,
DM Neonatology fellow won the National Neonatology Forum (NNF) Gold Medal for his research paper titled “Does Fluid restriction improve outcome in infants with perinatal asphyxia undergoing systemic hypothermia? A pilot randomized parallel group controlled trial at the 37th Annual Conference of National Neonatology Forum - NEOCON 2017, Gurgaon (December 7 – 10, 2017). This study was done under the guidance of Dr. Nishad Plakkal and Prof. Vishnu Bhat B.