SERVICES: LAUNDRY ACTIVITIES The Department of Laundry is handling linen of nearly 50000 pieces/day in various cycling process. We are using the modern equipments for washing the soil linen which is approximately 3.0 to 3.5 ton/day. The following are the daily routine activities of JIPMER Laundry.
- Collection of soiled & wet linen materials from various wards, on alternate days, OTs and ICUs on daily basis and OPDs on weekly basis.
- Washing the soiled linen with help of hot steam by adding washing soda, bleaching powder, Blue and soap chips. We are adding Dettol at the end of washing process.
- The water is extracted from the washed linen with the help of Hydro extractor.
- The extracted linen are shifted to drying yard for drying in the open sunlight.
- Drying Tumblers and Drying Chambers can be used for drying the washed linen during rainy season.
- The dried linen are shifted to folding area for folding. While folding the torn linen will be separated from the good one for stitching.
- After folding, the linen will be packed and distributed to various wards & O.T’s at their door steps.
- Centralised Linen condemnation is being done on monthly twice in Laundry and the replacement can be made to the concern wards/OTs/ICUs through indent from the Linen section.
- Laundry also provide services to various departments and Rural Health Centres located in JIPMER.
- Regular visit by the Laundry Supervisors and Officer In-Charge.
- System of delivery of items
- System of washing and sluicing
- Length of washing cycle
- Right quantity of detergents
- Quality of washed Linen.
- Ensure stipulated delivery time to various wards/OTs/ICUs/OPDs.
|Sl. No.||Areas||Daily/ alternate days||Soil Collection Timings||Distribution of clean Linen Timings|
|1||ICUs||Daily||8.30 am to 11.00 am||2.00 pm to 4.00 pm|
|2||OTs||Daily||8.30 am to 11.00 am||2.00 pm to 4.00 pm|
|3||Wards||Alternative days||8.30 am to 11.00 am||2.00 pm to 4.00 pm|
|4.||OPDs||Thursday and Friday||2.00 pm to 4.00 pm|
Last Updated: 01 Feb 2022Last Updated :01-Feb-2022