Centre for Research & Academic Facilities & Training (CRAFT):
- Providing IT equipment such as computers, printers and accessories to academic departments, faculty members and common facilities/centres providing academic services.
- Providing Internet facility to academic departments, administrative sections. hospital sections of JIPMER, Central Library, Nursing College and residential quarters in the JIPMER campus.
- Maintaining the JIPMER website www.jipmer.edu and www.jipmer.edu.in.
- Announcing the course application details, entrance examination schedules, hall ticket information and results and also purchase-tender information on the website.
- Conducting training programmes on statistics, research methodology, biomedical communication for faculty and resident doctors of JIPMER.
- Institutional access to literature database services such as MD Consult is being provided through the academic network.
- Providing Audio-Visual equipment to the academic departments.
Administrative Information System (AIS):
Administrative Information System Unit (AISU) is supporting the computerization of Administration, Establishment, Finance, Accounts and Education Sections. The important tasks undertaken buy this Unit so far are detailed below:
- Computerisation of employee pay bills, GPF applications for withdrawals and advance, issue of sanction orders and preparation of bills, organization of nominal rolls as a part of preparation of Budget documents –RE & BE w.e.f 1999, settlement of all arrears.
- Computerisation of service matters of the employees, information and reports on the existing staff position, seniority lists, incumbency position, updating of various periodic reports, modification of Recruitment Rules and computerization of court cases replies and related matters.
- Bulk data entry and processing of applications for undergraduate and postgraduate admissions, conduct of entrance examinations, preparation of Mark-sheet statements, Provisional Certificates, Degree Certificates, Attendance and periodic/semester examinations results for students.
- Bilingual data entry for implementation of Hindi teaching and popularisation schemes.
- Training programmes for staff administrative members of the institute in administrative as well as computers were conducted by the AIS Unit during 2011-12 and around 150 staff members were benefitted from the training.
SOFTWARE MODULES DEVELOPED
Software has been developed and implemented for processing of applications for recruitments to all posts under Group A, B & C.
The Pay Roll programming modules of pay bills, schedule of recoveries, pay slip, acquittance, bank statements, income tax calculations, tallying of non-government recoveries have been prepared by the National Informatics Centre (NIC). Since this programme has become outdated new software for pay roll has been developed and is running well after installation. This software may be merged with the comprehensive software to be developed for administration, purchase and finance sections in the near future.
This includes data entry of details of application for GPF Advance/Withdrawal and reports on the requirement such as consolidated sanction order, individual sanction order, Note Sheet to be presented to the Director for approval and consolidated and individual bill for making payment.
Issue of income tax certificate in Form No. 16 and annual return in Form No. 24, etc., to all the staff members.
Personnel Information System
Personal Information System software modules developed & implemented in Visual Basic with Access. This includes service matters of all employees, various information viz., Existing employees details. Personal details, Service details, Recruitment Rules and reports on the Existing staff position, Relief details, Appointment details etc.
Software has also been developed and implemented for cheque forwarding to various firms and outside departments.
Hospital Information System (HIS):
- During the past year, nearly ninety desktop computers and printers have been procured and issued to various user areas. The majority of them are networked through the HIS network system by replacing the existing UNIX terminals.
- The Hospital network is also being extended to the clinical departments of SSB.
- Centralized special clinics registration has been started in SSB Reception
- The HMIS-Software(Panacea) through the HIS network is being used in the following departments of:
- Out-Patient Registration with generation of various statistics.
- 24 x 7 hrs Emergency Registration at EMS
- Medico-legal cases intimation and details.
- SSHC Registration at Hospital Reception
- In-Patient Registration for all admitted patients.
- Generation of monthly death bulletin
- Issuing of Lab. Reports at MRD through HIS network system
Laboratory Information System
- Pathology: – Biopsy reports.
- Haematology:- Bone-Marrow reports
- Central Lab:- Semen Analysis, Urine, Blood Hemogram reports
- Bio-Chemistry:- Routine Investigation, Special Investigation reports at SSB
- Microbiology and Cyto-pathology is being started
- Donors, Blood Group, Issues, and stock maintenance in three centres such as Out-Patient Block, In-Patient Block and SSB through the HIS network.
- Generation of all reports such as daily stock, unitwise issues, groupwise collections, etc.
- The Services of ward transaction is readily available in the existing software and will be implemented shortly to wards in main hospital, EMS and linking of SSB after extending of the hospital network which is being started.
- SCO-Unix network maintenance is also being undertaken for maintaining of old patient’s demographic data, ICD-Diagnostic and Histo-pathology (biopsy) reports by using multi-user SCO-Fox BASE+ with
- Daily hospital census and bed occupancy reports generation