- MD Postgraduate Residency Programme: From the year of 2014 April, Postgraduate Residency Programme (MD Emergency Medicine) has started. Currently, with an annual intake of 10, there are 30 junior residents.
- Senior residency: A total of seven senior residents (Post MD/DNB Emergency Medicine) are working at present.
- Undergraduate Training: Each batch of undergraduate students will undergo a compulsory two weeks training in the Department. The training includes Basic Life Support (BLS), First Aid and bedside discussion on emergency medical, surgical and trauma diagnosis and management. The EMS department also conducts classes on important emergencies for the MBBS foundation course.
- ACLS training Program: JIPMER is conducting BLS and ACLS training programs periodically for doctors, nurses and paramedics to upgrade the knowledge on Emergency Care and Resuscitation.
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate Course: This course was started in 2007 with the training period of 10 months in Pre-hospital Emergency management. Initially, the course was named as Pre-hospital Trauma Technician course (PHTT). In 2011, the course was renamed as “Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certificate Course”. In addition to one year (12months) study period in this course, optional internship of one year is included for training of EMTs.