The Department of Dentistry
Recent research publications
- Ramasamy A, Madhan B. Steroid supplementation before minor oral surgical procedures in patients taking long-term glucocorticoids: A triple-blinded, randomized, placebo- controlled trial. J Am Dent Assoc. 2023;154:373-83.e3. Epub 2023 Mar 23.
- Sundheepkumar V, Saravanan R, Krishnan B. Infectious complications in compound mandibular fractures undergoing a delayed surgical intervention - a prospective observational study. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. doi: 10.1016/j.bjoms.2023.03.008. Epub 2023 Mar 28.
- Sangeetha U, Nivethitha B, Madhan B. Queries regarding the effects of a flash-free system on dental plaque accumulation and the bonding-debonding process. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2023;163:453-4.
- Ramteke S, Kumar SS, Madhan B. Apriori sample size estimation and reporting in original articles published from 2012 to 2020 in two Asian orthodontic journals. J Orthod Sci. 2022;11:39.
- Kumar SS, Ramteke S, Madhan B. Letter to the Editor. Angle Orthod. 2022 May 1;92(3):426.
- Nivethitha B, Madhan B. Therapeutic Mandibular Incisor Extraction in Orthodontics: An Overview. Journal of Orofacial Research. 2022;14:56-61
- Saravanan R, Krishnan B. A Stepwise Guide to Freehand Bending of Orbital Floor Mesh. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2022;10:e4159. Online from 07.03.2022
Current research projects
- Perceptibility of dimensional alterations in facial structures by Indian adults and their influence on frontal facial esthetics. A cross-sectional photographic study.
- Effect of Informational Video versus Verbal Information on Anxiety levels in Patients Undergoing Mandibular 3rd Molar Surgeries – A Randomized Blinded Trial.
- Evaluation of the association between 6 N Propythiouracil taste phenotypes and the development of white spot lesion during fixed orthodontic treatment- A Prospective Cohort Study.
- Association between the gingival phenotype and the incidence and severity of gingival invagination at premolar extraction sites following space closure in individuals undergoing fixed orthodontic treatment-A multicenter prospective cohort study.
- Comparison of telephone and hospital follow-up on patient satisfaction and surgical outcomes after mandibular third molar surgery- An Open-Label Randomized Control Trial.
- Evaluation of the effects of pre-etching enamel deproteinization with three different agents, on the survival of bonded orthodontic attachments, in individuals undergoing fixed appliance treatment-A split-mouth randomized controlled trial.
- Inter-condylar width control in midline fractures of mandible- A finite element analysis.