The Department of Dentistry
Recent research publications
- Krishnan B, Prasad GA, Saravanan R, Madhan B, Kadhiravan T. Do preoperative glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1C) and random blood glucose levels predict wound healing complications following exodontia in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients?-a prospective observational study. Clin Oral Investig. 2021;25:179-85.
- Krishnan B, Prasad GA, Madhan B, Saravanan R, Mote NP, Akilesh R. Post-extraction bleeding complications in patients on uninterrupted dual antiplatelet therapy-a prospective study. Clin Oral Investig. 2021;25:507-14.
- Ramteke S, Madhan B. Analysis of the Type and Study Design of Publications in the Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society and the Changes in Trends Over 2 Decades. Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society. February 2021. doi:10.1177/0301574220984588
- Santhosh Kumar S, Ramteke S, Madhan B. Botulinum toxin injection to treat a gummy smile: A few observations. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2021 Mar;159(3):e199.
- Priyanka NK, Kumar SS, Ramteke S, Madhan B. READER'S FORUM. Korean J Orthod. 2021 Mar 25;51(2):75-76.
- Saravanan, R., Krishnan, B. Modified Suspension Suturing in Extended Exposure Orbitozygomatic Fractures: A Technical Note and Brief Literature Review. J. Maxillofac. Oral Surg. (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12663-021-01661-7
- Saravanan R, Krishnan B. A Stepwise Guide to Freehand Bending of Orbital Floor Mesh. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2022;10:e4159. Online from 07.03.2022
- Effect of customization of torque with resin modified bases on shear bond strength of metal orthodontic brackets–An invitro study.
- The Impact of Time to Definitive Surgical Intervention on Infectious Complications in Patients with Fractures of Dentate Portion of the Mandible- A Prospective Observational Study.
Current research projects
- Perceptibility of dimensional alterations in facial structures by Indian adults and their influence on frontal facial esthetics. A cross-sectional photographic study.
- Effect of Informational Video versus Verbal Information on Anxiety levels in Patients Undergoing Mandibular 3rd Molar Surgeries – A Randomized Blinded Trial.
- Evaluation of the association between 6 N Propythiouracil taste phenotypes and the development of white spot lesion during fixed orthodontic treatment- A Prospective Cohort Study