Academic & Research
The department undertakes teaching program for undergraduate (MBBS) students during their clinical posting. The medical students are oriented to different orofacial problems and dental procedures and they are educated about assessment of common dental problems. They are also oriented about Oral cancer screening through lectures and interactive sessions.
Academic and research discussions are regularly conducted among the faculty and residents focusing on professional development, research acumen and clinical skills.,
Departmental Research Interests
- Facial Trauma, Temporomandibular joint disorders, Orofacial pain, Benign Orofacial pathologies, Oral Cancer screening and diagnosis, Multidisciplinary management of head and neck deformities/pathology, Maxillofacial Prosthetics.
- Evidence based practice/Systematic reviews & Meta-analysis, Research methodology, Surgically oriented research
- Health economics Technology, Environmental health, Antibiotic Stewardship
- Medical education & Dental Education – Curriculum Development, Assessment methods & innovative teaching methods in surgical skills.
- Healthcare quality, Patient Safety