Departmental Research Interests
- Facial Trauma, Temporomandibular joint disorders, Orofacial pain, Benign Orofacial pathologies, Oral Cancer screening and diagnosis, Multidisciplinary management of head and neck deformities/pathology, Maxillofacial Prosthetics.
- Evidence based practice/Systematic reviews & Meta-analysis, Research methodology, Surgically oriented research
- Health economics Technology, Environmental health, Antibiotic Stewardship
- Medical education & Dental Education – Curriculum Development, Assessment methods & innovative teaching methods in surgical skills.
- Healthcare quality, Patient Safety
For complicated diseases of orofacial region and for trauma cases involving orofacial region, faculty from the Department of Dentistry, JIPMER (Karaikal) serve in advisory role with Department of Dentistry, General Hospital, Karaikal. The department aims to collaborate and expand patient care services with Department of Dentistry, GH, Karaikal for treatment of orofacial pain disorders and temporomandibular joint disorders. In future, with establishment of hospital services at JIPMER, Karaikal, Department of Dentistry shall expand its services to involve the whole spectrum of dental and maxillofacial surgical services, both elective and emergency.