Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has been promoting research activities in medical sciences since its inception.With up gradation of JIPMER as an “Institution of National Importance” and consequent increase in faculty members and postgraduate and postdoctoral students and increased availability of funds there has been a significant and continuing increase in research activity at all levels. The PG Research Monitoring Committee (PGRMC) was re-constituted on 23rdNovember 2013. The purpose of PG Research Monitoring Committee (PGRMC) is to increase the quality of postgraduate research, which is undertaken in JIPMER and make it worth publication in indexed journals.
The postgraduate research proposals generated at JIPMER need to have the approval of a scientific committee before being submitted for an ethics committee for consideration. Under this process PG Research Monitoring Committee (PGRMC)will perform mainly the function of consideration of postgraduate research proposals for quality improvement and approval. After the approval the proposals will be referred to JIPMER Ethics Committee for consideration. Approved proposal will be considered for intramural funding if required.
PG Research Monitoring Committee (PGRMC) has following terms of references (TOR):
- To approve the project proposals of the dissertation submitted by PG students
- To monitor and supervise timely completion of dissertation work by PG students
- To assess the justification for allocation of intramural research funds for the dissertation works, if asked
- To discuss and implement, if at least one publication in indexed journal and one presentation in a national conference can be made mandatory for appearing for final PG examination
- To create awareness regarding research methodology, ethical issues, bio safety practices, and other supporting information to pursue their MD/MS
Basic guidelines for guides and co-guides for M.D/M.S/ M.Sc/ MCh/ D.M. etc as approved by the Director
- Faculty members those who possess a total of FIVE years teaching experience as Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer/Senior Resident gained after obtaining postgraduate degree, shall be recognized as a Postgraduate Guide.
- All Faculty Members appointed on regular basis in the Institute will be eligible to become Co-guide.
- A postgraduate teacher can take the maximum of 5 postgraduate students as guide and 10 students as co-guide, at any given time.
- Not more than one co-guide from the same department should be there for a candidate.
Composition of the Members of the PG Research Monitoring Committee (PGRMC)
|1||Dr. Vishnu Bhatt,Dean Research, JIPMER||M.D||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. D. M. ThappaFaculty (Research), JIPMER||M.D, DHA, FAMS, FIMSA||Faculty Research|
|3||Dr. Vikram Kate, Professor of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, JIPMER||MS, FRCS (Eng.), FRCS (Ed.), FRCS (Glasg.), Ph.D (Surg. Gastro.), FACS, FACG, MFST (Ed.).||Member-Secretary|
|4||Dr. Suresh Kumar, Assistant Professor of Surgery, JIPMER||MS.DNB, MNAMS, FMAS.||AssistantMember-Secretary|
|5.||Dr. Gomathi Shankar.V, Assistant Professor of Surgery, JIPMER||MS.DNB, MNAMS.||AssistantMember-Secretary|
|6.||Dr. S.Soundara Raghavan, Prof. & Head, Dept. Obst& Gyn., JIPMER||M.D, DGO.||Member|
|7||Dr. Dasari Papa, Professor of Obst & Gyn., JIPMER||M.D, DGO, FICOG.||Member|
|8||Dr. Niranjan Biswal, Professor of Paediatrics, JIPMER,||M.D||Member|
|9.||Dr. Sujatha Sistla, Professor of Microbiology, JIPMER||M.D.||Member|
|10||Dr. Vivek Kumar Sharma Additional Professor of Physiology ,JIPMER||M.D||Member|
|11||Dr.Kusa Kumar Saha, Associate Professor of Forensic Medicine, JIPMER||M.D||Member|
|12||Dr.Sonali Sarkar, Associate Professor of P&SM, JIPMER||M.D||Member|
|13||Dr. Sitanshu Sekhar Kar, Associate Professor of P&SM,JIPMER||M.D,M.B.A.||Member|
|14||Dr. T. Kathiravan , Associate Professor of Medicine, JIPMER||M.D||Member|
|15||Dr.Shashi Ahuja, |
Associate Professor of