The Department of Pediatrics of JIPMER
To become the leading Paediatric Academic Centre in the country in terms of excellence in patient care, teaching and research.
We strive to achieve our vision by
- Providing our children with the best, most comprehensive and evidence based pediatric care possible from birth until 12 years of age.
- Continuously striving to bring in innovation and commitment to teaching and training future generations of doctors and paediatricians
- Planning and conducting research based on the felt needs of the children of our locality which is socially relevant and scientifically sound.
- We will strive to maintain the highest standards and achieve them by continually measuring and improving our outcomes.
- We welcome change, encourage invention and continually seek better, more efficient ways to achieve our mission.
- We collaborate and share knowledge to benefit patients and fellow caregivers for the advancement of our mission.
- We strive to exceed our patients' and/or fellow caregivers' expectations for comfort and convenience.
- We adhere to high moral principles and professional standards by a commitment to honesty, confidentiality, trust, respect and transparency.
- We provide world-class care in a caring and supportive environment for our patients, patients' families and fellow caregivers.
The department office is housed in the second floor of JWCH. It consist of the Office rooms of the Head of the Department and other faculty members. The non-teaching clerical support staff of the department works in the department office which is close to the faculty rooms. The office area also has a seminar room for conducting the academic programs of the department and a cafeteria for the staff.
The departmental organogram is as follows:
The Departmental Inpatient Care is organised as follows:
*Pediatric OPD days: Dr Narayanan P–Tuesday and Thursday
Dr Ramesh Kumar – Monday and Wednesday