The Department of Pediatrics of JIPMER
The core strength of the department has been the presence of excellent clinical teachers and robust academic program. Currently the department offers the following courses.
- Undergraduate:MBBS – Lectures and clinical posting during IVth, Vth and IX semesters.
- Postgraduate: MD (Paediatrics) – Intake of 17 students per year.
- DM: DM (Paediatric critical care) - 2 candidates per year.
- PhD:PhD in Paediatrics – 2 candidates per year.
Allied Health professional Courses
- BSc Nursing:
The department faculty is involved in the training of BSc nursing students. Lectures on pediatric nursing by our faculty supplements the teaching program of nursing college
- MSc Nursing (Pediatric):
Department faculty are actively involved in guiding the students in the research projects as part of their training
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Course:
Lectures on pediatric emergencies and resuscitation and one month of clinical postings.